Updated May 10, 2020
As things are opening back up slowly in Texas, the Live Oak Leadership team which consists of the staff Lead Team and the Elders have prayerfully and unanimously decided that we will continue online services only, through the month of May.
1. We will continue to seek to know and follow the guidelines given to us by our government leaders, and we continue to listen to churches and other organizations for their best practices for opening back up.
2. We are very mindful of Live Oak’s capacity issues including facilities, necessary supplies, volunteers required to host services in person, and the many logistics involved. We care about the safety of our people at Live Oak and we care about the safety of your people…your family and friends.
3. We are busy preparing for the go ahead to open back up. We aren’t just listening to the government. We are listening to God. We are very prayerful about this decision and seek to make wise decisions when God says it is time.
4. Because there are some who cannot return when we do start meeting in person again, we are preparing to offer both online and in-person gatherings at our next phase of opening back up the facility. We want to serve both those who can attend and those who cannot attend in person for various reasons.
5. For now, we recommend small groups continue to distance-meet unless your group can safely meet with 6 feet of social distance between all members, with 10 or less people, and in compliance with CDC and local government guidelines.
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW:
We will live-stream both worship and a teaching message at both 9:30 and 11:00am. You will be able to find it on our Facebook Page and also on our website and app and will be able to comment and connect in real time.
If you cannot tune in live please note that we also make an archived video and audio version of our Sunday message available by 1:00pm each Sunday HERE and on our App.
2. ENCOURAGEMENT DURING THE WEEK
Follow us on Facebook! We are live-streaming a couple of times a week, between Sundays, with helpful, hopeful and encouraging conent!
3. NEXT GEN MINISTRIES
We can’t meet in person right now, but we are still connecting with the next gen…
*BABIES-5th: Join our Facebook pages, find helpful parent resources, kids devotionals, family activity sheets and access to online storytelling and worship HERE.
*LOSM for 6th-12th Graders: We’re still connecting, growing and having fun…Check out what’s up, learn how you and your student can stay connected with Live Oak Student Ministry, and find info about our Wednesday Skype Small Groups HERE
*COLLEGE: Our small groups for college-aged people are still meeting virtually! Check out what’s happening and get connected HERE
4. SMALL GROUPS
Groups are still meeting via SKYPE. Leaders will be in touch with group members. We have groups that can still take members and you are welcome to join in. Email us if you’d like help finding a small group.
We will inform everyone to the best of our abilities through our:
1. Our Website…this page is our info hub
2. The Live Oak App (download via iTunes App Store and Google Play)
3. Emails (Subscribe HERE) Live Oak will only send one email a week. It is a “Hub” email containing everything you’ll need, including info for Next Gen ministries!
4. Social Media (FB and IG)
6. NEED HELP? CAN YOU OFFER HELP?
If you need help right now OR if you can be of help right now we ask you to visit our Coronavirus Help Form: CHECK IT OUT HERE
7. ADDITIONAL RESOURCES
1. Find a FEARFUL THOUGHTS GUIDE HERE
2. Anxiety Conversation Guide for Preschool HERE
3. Anxiety Conversation Guide for Elementary HERE
4. Anxiety Conversation Guide for Middle School HERE
5. Anxiety Conversation Guide for High School HERE
6. Crisis Conversation Guide for Preschool HERE
7. Crisis Conversation Guide for Elementary HERE
8. Crisis Conversation Guide for Middle School HERE
9. Crisis Conversation Guide for High School HERE
For God has not given us a spirit of fear and timidity, but of power, love, and self-discipline. 2 Timothy 1:7